The ECSCW 2019 Doctoral Colloquium provides an opportunity for doctoral students to discuss their research in an international forum under the guidance of a panel of experienced CSCW researchers. The Doctoral Colloquium will be held on Sunday, 9th of June 2019 as part of the 17th European Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Salzburg, Austria.
We invite candidates who are working in the broad field of CSCW to apply. Candidates at any stage of the PhD process will be considered, however the strongest candidates will be those who have a well-established research proposal and have made some progress towards it (e.g. empirical findings, or a proposed conceptual framework, etc.), while still having time to benefit from advice and feedback by peers and senior colleagues. Selected candidates will be asked to give short, informal presentations during the Colloquium. These will be followed by extensive group discussion in a friendly and constructive workshop.
Candidates accepted for the ECSCW 2019 Doctoral Colloquium will also have the opportunity to attend free of charge a one-day program of Masterclasses on CSCW concepts, methods and challenges delivered by senior researchers and taking place on Saturday 8th of June, or any of the workshops that take place on Saturday, 8th of June.
Candidates must submit:
- An application submitted by the PhD candidate, that includes:
- A 4-page overview of your doctoral research, stating your research questions, methodological approach, work/findings to date, next steps, and expected contributions. Please follow the exploratory papers template for your proposals. The template can be downloaded as MS Word, LaTeX, or RTF format. Submissions should include name, affiliation and contact information.
- A short (2-3 paragraph) biography.
- A statement detailing what you hope/expect to gain from attending the ECSCW 2019 Doctoral Colloquium and which overall questions/issues you would like to discuss at the DC.
- A supporting letter emailed directly from the lead supervisor to the DC Chairs. This should indicate that they support your application to the ECSCW 2019 Doctoral Colloquium and that they agree that your research is at an appropriate stage for participation. It should also indicate how you and other candidates might benefit from your participation in the colloquium.
All Submission materials should be sent to: email@example.com
Please label the file with the candidate surname first.
Accepted participants will have the opportunity to have their 4-page papers published in the EUSSET Digital Library (https://www.eusset.eu/digital-library/)
- Submission Deadline: Friday March 8th, 2019
- Notifications: Tuesday April 9th, 2019
- Camera Ready Submission: April 19th 2019
- Doctoral Colloquium: June 9, 2019
Questions or comments can be sent to the DC Co-Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctoral Colloquium Co-Chairs
Luigina Ciolfi, Antti Salovaara, Ina Wagner