ECSCW Panels aim to inspire, explore, and provoke ECSCW 2019 attendees to engage with emerging and innovative topics, which have the ability to transform and push CSCW research in a new direction. Panels are a unique opportunity to pull together a diverse range of experts, who can offer opposing viewpoints and positions.
Ideally, panel proposals will have 3-4 participants, who represent a range of diverse ideas and approaches related to a given topic. Topics should be novel, lively or controversial, inspiring the audience to respond and to further elaborate on their ideas. Panels should be facilitated by a strong moderator, who will guide both the conversation in a timely and focused manner and the audience in expressing their opinions. In addition, we encourage Panel organisers to creatively think about how they will facilitate audience interaction and general discussion.
While the ECSCW research agenda is geographically rooted in Europe, ECSCW research is not limited geographically. Therefore, we invite proposals from all over the globe and encourage panel organizers to take into account equality, diversity and have an inclusive approach to putting a panel together. Proposals may include:
- Topics that are likely to evoke lively debates among ECSCW attendees
- Diverse set of panelists, each with their own unique perspective on the topic
- Well-structured session plan, emphasising audience interaction (e.g. structured in terms of questions for panelists and audience)
- Content that could not have been put together in a single paper (we do not want a series of short papers)
See the list of panels at ECSCW 2017 here.
Submissions of 2-4 pages should be sent per email at email@example.com. Please follow the exploratory papers template for your proposals. The template can be downloaded asÂ MS Word, RTF,Â orÂ LaTeX. Submissions are not anonymous and should include all authors names, affiliations, and contact information
Accepted Panel proposals will be published in the ECSCW/EUSSET Digital Library.
- Friday, March 15th, 2019: Submission deadline
- Monday, April 1st, 2019: Notifications due to authorsÂ
- Friday, April 12th, 2019: Camera ready deadline