To ensure smooth sailing for ECSCW 2019, we are looking for student volunteers (SVs) to support the daily operations of the conference. As an SV, you have the opportunity to not only attend the conference, but also to have a unique back-stage view on how the conference is run.
As a student volunteer, you will be able to attend the full conference (paper, poster and demo sessions, as well as social events), including masterclasses, free of charge. SVs are expected to take care of their own accommodation and meals, apart from lunch.
As an SV, you are expected to work around 20 hours throughout the conference. Your duties start on June 7th, when the kick-off meeting for SVs will take place. This kick-off meeting is mandatory. Duties for SVs may include: checking in attendees; technical support during sessions; setting up/restoring workshop rooms; general assistance to conference organization.
Eligibility & Requirements
- You are 18 or older on June 7th, 2019
- You have been a full-time student during at least one semester of the 2018/2019 academic year (proof of enrolment required)
- You are able to attend the kick-off meeting on June 7th
- You have a professional, proactive attitude
If you are interested in SVing for ECSCW 2019, please send an application before April 15th to: firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- CV (max. 1 page)
- A short statement (max. half page) describing:
- Why you are interested in attending ECSCW 2019
- Why you would be a good addition to the SV team (e.g., you have amazing people skills; you are a great organizational talent; your passion in life is dragging tables and chairs around, etc.)