Being an SV is an excellent way to become familiar with the ECSCW conference and community, create new friendships with other students, network with conference attendees, hear some interesting research talks, and provide academic service (a great addition to your CV!).
As a student volunteer, you will be provided with:
- A waived registration fee, which means free access to ECSCW 2020’s program including all talks and receptions
- Lunch/dinner for the SVs during the conference time
- Assist conference guests with registration and check-in
- Provide A/V setup and general technology and room support
- Help setup posters and provide assistance to attendees during the poster session
- Direct the conference guests to events, such as the conference reception
- Work approximately 20 hours over the 5 days of the conference
- Must be a friendly, engaged, and reliable person
- Must be able to travel to Siegen, Germany and attend the conference from June 13th – 17th, 2020
- You do not need to have any previous SV experience, and we encourage students from all disciplines and backgrounds to apply.
The selection of SVs will be based on:
- The date and time each application is submitted – We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible
- Your response to the application questions
- Other attributes to ensure a diverse group of SVs (e.g., university, research interests, academic status, etc).
Please write an short application to our organisers via email and indicate the following information. The deadline for application is February 28th.
- University, current study program and status
- What are your main research interests?
- Have you been an SV before? If so, for which conference and which tasks have you been handling?
- Are you presenting at the ECSCW 2020? If so, what type of presentation will it be (paper, poster, workshop…)?
- Why do you want to be an SV for ECSCW 2020?
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Danke und herzliche Grüße