The ECSCW 2020 Doctoral Colloquium provides an opportunity for doctoral students to discuss their research in an international forum under the guidance of a panel of experienced CSCW researchers.
The Doctoral Colloquium will be held on Sunday, 14th of June 2020 as part of the 18th European Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Siegen, Germany.
There are still a few places available for the colloquium, so we invite candidates who are working broadly in the field of CSCW to apply. Candidates at any stage of the PhD process will be considered. However, the strongest candidates will be those who have a well-developed research proposal and have made some progress towards realising it (e.g. empirical findings, or a proposed conceptual framework, etc.), while still having time to benefit from advice and feedback by peers and senior colleagues. Selected candidates will be asked to give short, informal presentations during the Colloquium. These will be followed by group discussion in a friendly and constructive workshop.
Candidates must submit:
- An application that includes:
- A 4-page overview of your doctoral research, stating your research questions, methodological approach, work/findings to date, next steps, and expected contributions. Please follow the exploratory papers template for your proposals. The template can be downloaded as MS Word, RTF or LaTeX format. Submissions should include your name, affiliation and contact information.
- A short (2-3 paragraph) biography.
- A statement detailing what you hope/expect to gain from attending the ECSCW 2020 Doctoral Colloquium and what overall questions/issues you would like to discuss at the DC.
- A supporting letter emailed directly from the lead supervisor to the DC Chairs. This should indicate that they support your application to the ECSCW 2020 Doctoral Colloquium and that they agree that your research is at an appropriate stage for participation. It should also indicate how you and other candidates might benefit from your participation in the colloquium.
All submission materials should be sent to: email@example.com
Please label the file with the candidate surname first.
Accepted participants will have the opportunity to have their 4-page papers published in the EUSSET Digital Library (https://www.eusset.eu/digital-library/)
Candidates accepted for the ECSCW 2020 Doctoral Colloquium will also have the opportunity to attend free of charge a one-day program of Masterclasses delivered by senior researchers or any of the workshops that take place during the pre-conference program on Saturday, June 13th 2020.
If you have questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact the Doctoral Colloquium co-chairs with this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org