Limitation of liability
- The contents of this website have been created with the greatest possible care. We are responsible for our own contents on these pages under the general laws. The use of the website’s contents is at the user’s own risk. Any views expressed by named authors reflect the opinion of the respective authors and not always the opinion of the provider. The mere use of the provider’s website does not constitute a contractual relationship between the user and the provider.
- This website contains links to third-party websites (“external links”). These websites are subject to the liability of the respective operators. The provider has checked third-party content for any legal violations when the external links were first established. At that time, no violations of the law were apparent. The provider has no influence on the current and future design and content of the linked pages. Linking third-party websites does not mean that the provider adopts the content behind the reference or link as their own. A constant control of external links is not reasonable for the provider without concrete evidence of violations of the law. However, if we become aware of any such violations, such external links will be deleted immediately.
Copyright and ancillary copyrights
- The contents published on this website are subject to Swiss copyright and ancillary copyright law. Any use not permitted under Swiss copyright and ancillary copyright law requires the prior written consent of the provider or the respective rights holder. This applies in particular to copying, editing, translating, storing, processing or reproducing contents in databases or other electronic media and systems. Contents and rights of third parties are marked as such. Unauthorised reproduction or distribution of individual contents or complete pages is not permitted and is liable to prosecution. Only the production of copies and downloads for personal, private and non-commercial use is permitted.
- The presentation of this website in external frames is only permitted with written permission.
- By visiting the provider’s website, information on access (date, time, pages viewed) may be stored. These data are not personal data, but are anonymised. They are evaluated exclusively for statistical purposes and shall not be transferred to third parties, for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- The provider expressly points out that online data transmission (e.g. communication by e-mail) has security flaws and cannot be completely protected against access by third parties.
- Contact details in the Legal Notice must not be used for commercial advertising, unless the provider has given prior written consent or a business relationship already exists. The provider and all persons named on this website hereby object to any commercial use and disclosure of their data.
- You can visit our website without providing personal data. If you provide personal data (such as your name, address or e-mail address) on our website, you do so on a voluntary basis as far as possible. This data will not be passed on to third parties without your express consent. If a contractual relationship between you and us is to be established or its content is to be structured or changed, or if you send us an inquiry, we will collect and use your personal data to the extent necessary for these purposes (inventory data). We collect, process and use personal data to the extent necessary to enable you to use the website (usage data). Any personal data is only stored as long as it is necessary for the mentioned purpose. Retention periods under tax and commercial law are taken into account. If any competent authorities so require, we may in individual cases provide access to this data (inventory data), insofar as this is necessary for the purposes of criminal prosecution, for averting danger, for fulfilling the legal tasks of intelligence services or military counterintelligence services or for enforcing intellectual property rights.
Right of access
- You have the right at any time to obtain, free of charge and without undue delay, access to any data collected concerning you. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data at any time with effect for the future.
General terms and conditions of the ECSCW 2021 Conference
- Registration and billing
- Contracting party: University of Zurich, Rämistrasse 71, 8006 Zürich
- Prepayment: The ticket purchaser receives a confirmation of receipt with the invoice and account details. The invoice is due immediately. Booking will be confirmed upon receipt of payment and the ticket will be sent.
- PayPal, instant bank transfer or credit card via payever: Payment will be confirmed directly and the ticket will be sent.
- Cancellation policy
- The registration for participation is binding.
- Cancellations or rebookings must be made by e-mail to email@example.com.
- If you cancel your registration up to 30 days before the start of the event, 80% of the fees will be refunded. In all other cases, you shall have to fulfil your financial obligations in full.
- In exceptional cases, you can appoint a person to attend the conference in your place. If you wish to make use of this option, you must notify us by letter or e-mail at least 7 days before the conference.
- The registration fee is due immediately upon registration and must be paid within 7 days after saving the registration form (but not later than 7 days before the start of the event).
- You are only entitled to attend the event after we have received the participation fee in full.
- The conference program is subject to change.
- If the event has to be cancelled due to force majeure, your fees will be refunded. There are no further obligations on the part of the organiser towards the participant. Registrations remain valid if the event has to be postponed.
- The University of Zurich and its legal representatives are only liable, including non-contractual liability, for intent and gross negligence. This shall not affect liability for damages resulting from injury to life, body, health or essential contractual obligations. No liability is assumed for items brought by the participant. The University of Zurich accepts no liability for the quality of the information provided or for it being correct, complete or up to date. The University of Zurich expressly reserves the right to change the information at any time and without prior notice. Liability claims against the University of Zurich for material or immaterial damage resulting from access to, use or non-use of published information, misuse of the connection or technical faults are excluded to the extent permitted by law. The University of Zurich has not checked third-party websites, i.e. websites that are not on its servers or in its sphere of influence, which may be linked to this website via hyperlinks, and accepts no responsibility for their content, the products, services or other offers made on them. If any provisions or phrases of this disclaimer be or become invalid, the content and validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.
Cancellation and changes of the event
- The University of Zurich reserves the right to replace a scheduled speaker if they are unable to attend. In exceptional cases, the conference can be cancelled at least two weeks before the conference begins, even after registration has been confirmed (e.g. due to low attendance or force majeure). In case of cancellation, conference fees already paid will be refunded. Liability for the reimbursement of hotel and/or travel expenses, loss of working hours or other damages incurred by the customer is excluded.
- The ticket serves as proof of participation when registering. In the further course of the conference, the badge distributed upon registration entitles the participant to attend the conference. This badge must always be clearly displayed during the conference.
Photo and video material
- Any event-related lectures and documentation are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced, distributed or commercially used in any form – with the exception of quotations – without the consent of the organiser and the respective speakers. If you intend to record video or audio during the event, the permission of the organiser must be obtained in advance. You may take photographs for private purposes to a reasonable extent, taking into account the rights of third parties. The organiser assumes no responsibility or liability for any inaccuracies in the lectures and documentation.
- Rights of use for pictures/videos
- Participants are advised that the organiser will produce pictures and videos of the video conference and side events, including any images of the participants, for non-discriminatory publication in print and online media, social networks and on YouTube (video portal provided by Google Inc. based in California, United States), with the pictures/videos being provided together with the general personal data provided by the participant (e.g. name, institution/company) as the case may be.
- For this purpose, the participant shall grant the University of Zurich the worldwide, royalty-free, exclusive, sublicensable, transferable, irrevocable and perpetual licence to use the pictures/videos for this purpose. The participant is aware that the University of Zurich cannot assume any liability for the illegal distribution of the pictures and videos by third parties.
- The University of Zurich and the ECSCW 2021 organizers would like to thank Aleksandra Markovic and Andjela Markovic for creating the ECSCW 2021 Website as part of their bachelor thesis. As well as Dario Stähelin for further maintaining the ECSCW 2021 Website. We would also like to thank the University of Siegen for provided technical support.